I am very excited about our upcoming council meeting hosted by the Louisville Chapter. Ginger White, IMA Global Chair-Elect will kick off the meeting with a presentation titled “Your Career. Your Story. Discover IMA.” I hope you can attend! RSVP at http://lincolntrail.imanet.org/events
FRIDAY, JULY 28, 2017
6:00 P.M. – ? EST
Brooklyn and the Butcher,
148 E Market St., New Albany, IN, 47150
· Join us in the Lobby Bar from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. for drinks and good conversation. We’ll grab a table at 7:00 p.m. for dinner.
· Brooklyn and the Butcher is a modern steakhouse that features big steaks and small plates, using local products and purveyors, as well as fresh seafood and interesting modern cuisine. Built in 1871, the restaurant’s unique European Style building originally housed The Monsch Hotel.
· The restaurant has a live jazz band every Friday night in its Lantern Room, so we can hang around afterwards to listen to some music or hang out in the outdoor courtyard, or even walk a couple blocks for a live outdoor concert in New Albany’s Bicentennial Park (118 E. Spring Street, New Albany, IN).
SATURDAY, JULY 29, 2017
9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. EST
Indiana University Southeast,
University Center North, Room #120,
4201 Grant Line Road, New Albany, IN, 47150
· 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. session by IMA 2017/18 Chair-Elect Ginger White.
· 10:00 – 2:00 p.m. board meeting, including complementary hearty brunch buffet at 10:00 a.m. Bring your appetite!
· RSVP to Lisa Book in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in walking tour of IU Southeast campus from 8:00 – 8:30 a.m., prior to meeting.
· Parking permits and directions will be emailed prior to the meeting.
SATURDAY, JULY 29, 2017
2:00 P.M. – ? EST
Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen
3113 Blackiston Mill Rd, New Albany, IN
· Located less than two miles from IU Southeast campus.
· The Pie Kitchen includes a café with sandwiches, soups, and salads, or just come and enjoy their fresh baked pies, cakes, cupcakes, cookies, or fresh churned ice cream.
Want to stay in town a little longer? Contact Lisa Book at email@example.com. We can take a trip to Huber’s Winery and Joe Huber’s Family Farm, or explore shops and entertainment in historic and trendy downtown New Albany.
Save the Date-Upcoming Meetings
Saturday, October 7, 2017 – Evansville, IN (Evansville Chapter)
Saturday, January 27, 2018 – Lexington, KY (Bluegrass Chapter)
Saturday April 21, 2018 – Nashville, TN (Nashville Chapter) also-Friday, April 20thMrExcel
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Feel free to call, text (615.207.3647) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy New Year (term)!
LTRC President 2017-2018
Susan Maddux, CPA, CGMA
Financial Reporting and Quality Assurance Analyst
Country Music Foundation, Inc.
222 Fifth Avenue South | Nashville, TN 37203
615-416-2021 desk | 615-207-3647 cell