Louisville IMA $500 Scholarship
Instructions to the Applicant:
The Louisville Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants is offering a financial scholarship to the qualifying student. The scholarship may be applied to the 2019-2020 school year beginning with summer 2019 and ending with spring 2020. Applicants may be enrolled in graduate, undergraduate or certificate programs.
To qualify a student must:
- Carry a minimum of 6 credit hours in Accounting or Finance courses for the semester or quarter to which the funds are to be applied for full-time Students. Part-time Students will be required to carry a minimum of 3 credit hours for semester or quarter for which funds are to be applied.
- The University must be within the geographical boundaries of the Louisville Chapter.
- Intend to pursue a career as an accounting or financial professional after graduation.
- Have a declared major or emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
- Have an academic grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 maximum scale, including transfer credits.
- Provide an essay (approx. 400 words) applying an academic topic of interest to your job. If not employed then discuss how you selected a career in accounting or finance.
- Have attained junior standing. Purpose to ensure Candidate commitment to Accounting or Finance career.
- Commit to attend presentation at May IMA Meeting.
Selection will be based on the following elements:
- Academic merit.
- Strength of essay linking educational topic to job or career objective.
- Demonstrated community leadership through extracurricular activities such as Clubs/Memberships (Civic or Academic including official offices and positions); Community Service; Awards/Accomplishments; etc.
- Presentation and quality of application and essay.
- Complete the application information on the reverse side of this page and include:
- A current transcript
- A written description of your extracurricular activities and employment history
- An essay linking an academic topic of interest to your career or anticipated career.
Please e-mail your application as follows:
Subject: IMA $500 Scholarship
2019 APPLICATIONS CLOSED.
SPRING 2020 APPLICATIONS WILL BE DUE AS FOLLOWS: March 20, 2020.
The qualifying recipient and a school representative will be invited to attend as honored guests at our Chapter Meeting to receive scholarship award.
Thank you for participating in the Louisville Chapter's Scholarship Program.